Pergolas, Patios and Awnings
Using the Hunter Douglas Shademaster roofing system Patioland supply and install a wide range of pergolas, patios and custom awnings designs from pitched roofs, flat roofs, opening roofs, insulated roofing and domed roofs. With a wide choice of roofing materials and systems such as flat, pitched, gable or combination, Shademaster has the capabilities to expand your entertaining possibilities.
As well as Single Skin roofs, we also offer insulated roofing panels that are designed to suit all decks and patios, patio enclosures, pergolas and gazebos.
Patioland use and recommend the Hunter Douglas Shademaster System, perfect for Pergolas, aluminium and patios and custom awnings for the following reasons:
- W – Pan profile offers more structural strength and integrity and then flat profiles. This is because W profile uses more material more square metre then flat profiles
- W – Pan profile also offers lesser heat absorption then flat profiles due to the generation of a temperature gradient across the surface
- The energy from the sun is incident on the roof at different angles. This sets up small amounts of circulating air profiles resulting in less heat absorbed by the surface
- On a flat surface the energy from the sun uniformly heats the surface, resulting in comparatively higher roof temperature.
The pergolas, aluminium patios, and custom awnings have:
- The potential for large spans up to 5.48m in 0.48 single skin roofing and 9.5m using 135mm aluminium insulated roofing (subject to wind categories) which minimises the amount of unsightly under frames
- 1° of roof fall for added head height
- Unique integrated nature light panels to block out 100% of UV rays
- Double sided 80% gloss for heat reduction in single skin roofing only and 80% gloss on top and 25% ceiling for insulated roofing. This makes it the perfect choice when choosing your new patio cover and pergola.
All Patioland installed pergolas, patios and custom awnings Sydney are fully backed by an all exclusive Hunter Douglas Shademaster Guarantee. Patioland only use the Hunter Douglas Color-Cote system to enhance the patio awnings and pergolas and gazebos.
The Hunter Douglas COLOR – COTEÂ®
The material used for all Hunter Douglas SHADEMASTERÂ® fabricated roofing products is painted on site at Rydalmere, Sydney using our premium COLOR – COTEÂ® process.
Hunter Douglas pioneered the coil coating process in Australia back in 1950. Since then, techniques and technology have been continuously developed, ensuring that the COLOR – COTEÂ® process remains abreast with internationally accepted standards.
The coating process carried out by Hunter Douglas Limited is designed to meet all appropriate test requirements of AS / NZS 2728 – 2007 prefinished / pre – painted sheet metal products for interior / exterior building applications – performance requirements.
Important Fact: Some manufacturers often quote that the steel material used in their finished products actually has 4 coatings. It should be noted that in claiming this, they have included the Aluminium Zinc Alloy coating that is already applied to the metal substrate, as purchased by Hunter Douglas prior to painting.
[The coating of the steel with the aluminium – zinc alloy provides superior anti – corrosion performance.]
The 3 – stage COLOR – COTEÂ® process is applied to this pre-coated metal substrate as follows –
Pre-treatment: Hot alkaline cleaning of the metal substrate followed by roll – on application of a Chromatic Conversion Coating, which inhibits corrosion and improves paint adhesion.
Primer: A specially formulated flexible polyester primer, designed for flexibility and good corrosion resistance, is applied at a nominal thickness of 5 microns.
Finish Coat: The finish coat is based on polyester – resin system designed for superior exterior durability and flexibility. All the pigments used to impart colour are designed to have a high level of exterior durability. This topcoat is applied at a nominal thickness of 20 microns, and then oven baked.
Note: The above primers and paint are applied to the metal by roller coating, which is an accurately controlled application with consistent tolerances (far superior to powder coating).
The Hunter Douglas COLOR – COTEÂ® system produces one of the finest and most durable modern coatings available, with outstanding corrosion resistance, combined with excellent colour and gloss retention. The process is unparalleled in its ability to produce a smooth, even finish with excellent uniformity of the surface coating and richness of colour.
We have the capability to custom design and build exciting pergolas, patio and custom awnings, and aluminium patios. Contact 02 9831 3899 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an obligation free quote.